Neoprene Dress

                                           




I made this dress to wear to my high school's winter semi-formal this past winter:


Left: Me before the dance.
Right: The dress at my high school's art show.

It's made out of a pink neoprene I ordered from Mood Fabrics. The neoprene was a lot of fun to work with, and while it was certainly tough at times because of the thickness and sensitivity of the neoprene, it was actually way easier than I had imagined it would be and it turned out to be my favorite project so far.

The sketch itself was also a fun one to draw. I wanted it to look bubbly and fun, a route I don't often take with my designs. I didn't originally color my sketch in because I didn't know what color I wanted to use, I only knew that it had to be bright and fun. I was originally imagining the dress in a lime green, which I think would have looked nice as well!

Please let me know what you think of the sketch and dress! What you think of neoprene being used as a fashion fabric?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *