New York Fashion Week.




As promised yesterday, here is a list of my observations and opinions of this year's New York Fashion Week, in random order:

  • High necklines are coming back in! (Love that)
  • Sneakers and flats dominated the runway this year, as opposed to heels- I noticed this especially in the DKNY show
  • There was a lot of nude colored mesh used, especially in the Carmen Marc Valvo show, which I like, it is a fun new option
  • Not as much vegan leather, which I am happy about, and it was replaced by equally attention-grabbing shimmering materials
  • There were a lot of sheer panels, and even mostly sheer shirts and dresses. I don't mind sheer, except that a lot of it showed parts of the body that I wouldn't like to show
  • The models looked sick and unhappy. This is where I have a strong opinion. The models should look healthy, not anorexic. There's a lot more I'd like to say about this topic, so I think that I will just make this a post in itself.
  • Coco Rocha is amazing, as always:) she's an amazing model and I think what she is doing with models' rights and all is really great
  • I really liked the DKNY zip up shoes:

  • BCBG Max Azria: my favorite collection. Lots of neutrals, some florals, all very classic and simple. The materials were rich and flowing. The shoes were amazing too.
  • And the last one... Marc Jacobs' show was very disappointing, and honestly, ugly. It was slouchy, grungy, and dirty. Not the high quality beauty that I was expecting from him. 
That's it!!! Please let me know your thoughts and opinions as well, and what you agree/disagree with. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *