Sketchbook Snapshot- Silk Wool Dress

Here's a quick snap of my workspace at the moment:


And here is a close-up of my design!


I used markers, watercolor paint, and watercolor pencils to create this design, which I envision in an off-white silk wool. (A bit of tulle underneath the skirt will add volume.) 

I have already draped muslin for the bodice of the dress:


The cowl in the back is actually very dramatic, and there is a reverse cowl on the front which balances the drama of the back without being too overwhelming. 

From the side, the cowls create a very modern and sculptural look!

I would envision this design to be worn to an event where the the artistry of the design would be appreciated.


In my design, I paired the dress with simple red pumps, but there are so many other options that could make the look totally different! What shoes would you choose to wear with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *