Like Mother Like Daughter?

A lot of people say they get their style from their mother. I was never too sure of that. Growing up, we almost never agreed on anything to do with fashion! (No Mom, I'm not going to wear that stupid dress!) As I got older though, I realized that my mom has a really nice, classic style. Now every so often she'll find me digging through her closet, and yes, I do get compliments on her clothes when I wear them.
While we still don't agree on everything fashion-wise, and I actually agree with my aunt much more often than with my mom, I have narrowed down a few things fashion-wise that me and my mom both love:
1) Neutrals (tan, beige, cream, camel, all of those beautiful hues)
2) Keepin' it classy
3) Sweaters (comfy and stylish!)
4) Velvet! She has this awesome velvet jacket I steal a lot, but I am NOT overly fond of the red velvet "onesie" she had in the 90s:)

So that's that! What style similarities do you share with your mum?

6 comments:

  1. Denim! Lots of denim I would say, but also modern :)

    Fashionkween.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an interesting post! we inherited our mum's love of floral prints!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!:) and yes that's a great love to inherit!!!:) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I'm similar to my mum in the way I dress but all my really lovely items of clothing she has picked out. We both love denim though! www.gisforgingers.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Mothers just know what you would like, right? My mom's the same way:)

      Delete

 

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *